If you have switched your iPhone to Android then you may have encountered a frustrating bug: Some text messages will not get delivered to you properly and neither you nor the person sending the text knows it. For a long time, Apple may not acknowledge this bug so there was not much to do to fix the bug, but that all are changed with the Apple’s release of a free tool to remove your phone number from iMessage.
The Cause of the Bug
When two iPhone users are texting with each other, their messages are sent via iMessage by default. Apple’s free iPhone-to-iPhone messaging tool (you can know the text which has to be sent via iMessage because your word balloon in the Messages app is blue). When one person in a conversation has an iPhone and the other person has another kind of phone like Android, for instance, the traditional text messaging can be used which is represented by the green word balloon.
The problem will have occurred when someone who used to have an iPhone, and thus used the iMessage will switch to Android or any other platform. During that time, Apple’s system sometimes fails to recognize that the switch has been made and still it will try to deliver the text via iMessage.
Because the iMessage network is entirely separate from the standard text messaging network. So the message will never gets delivered to its recipient.
Fix the Bug With Apple’s Free Tool
Apple has released a free tool that lets former iPhone users can unregister their phone numbers from the iMessage, which prevents the texts sent to them from falling to the bug. If you are an iPhone user, and have switched to Android and are not getting some texts, do the following steps.
- First, You can go to the Apple’s Deregister iMessage website.
- Now you have to scroll to the section named “No longer have your iPhone?”.
- Now enter your phone number (It assumes that you carried your phone number from your iPhone to your new Android phone) and then click on the Send Code.
- Now you will receive a text message on your new phone with a 6-digit confirmation code.
- After getting the confirmation code on your mobile, then enter that code into the website and click the Submit option. This will remove your number from iMessage and solves the problem.
Fix the Bug Before Switching to Android
If you are decided to switch to Android, but haven’t done so yet. There will be an easier way to prevent the bug from happening: remove your number from the iMessage now. This means that you cannot able to get free iMessages any longer, but all of those messages will be delivered as text messages, so you won’t miss anything.
Do the following steps.
- Initially, Tap the Settings app.
- Now you can select the Messages option.
- Now you have to move the iMessage slider to Off/white.
Here in this article, we can explain the steps which help you to fix the iMessage android bugs. So you have to try these steps and solve your issues. If you have any queries, Kindly do let us know via comments.