If your iPhone won’t turn off, you may get worried that your phone’s battery is going to run out or your iPhone is broken. These both are valid concerns. An iPhone which is stuck on is a rare situation, but if it has happened to you, you need to understand what’s going on and you must know how to fix it.
Reasons Why Your iPhone Won’t Turn Off
The following are the major issues which are behind an iPhone not turning off.
- It is frozen due to software problems.
- The Sleep or wake button has broken.
- The screen is broken and is not responding to the touches.
How to Fix an iPhone That Won’t Turn Off?
If you’re working with an iPhone which will be stuck on and won’t go off. There are three steps are available for you to try to fix it before involving Apple.
Step 1: Hard Reset
The first and also the simplest way to shut down an iPhone that won’t turn off is using a technique called Hard Reset. It is similar to the standard way of turning your iPhone on and off, but it is a complete reset of the device and its memory. No need to worry, you won’t lose any data. Only use a hard reset if your iPhone won’t restart in any other way.
Follow the steps to hard reset your iPhone.
- You need to Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. If you have an iPhone 7 series phone then you have to hold down the volume down and Sleep/Wake.
- The power off slider should appear on the screen. Keep holding both buttons.
- Now the screen will go black.
- Now the Apple logo will have appeared on the screen and the iPhone will restart like normal. When the phone is finished restarting then everything will be working fine.
Step 2: Enable AssistiveTouch and Turn Off Via Software
AssistiveTouch is one of the best features which can be built into the iPhone that puts a software version of the Home button on your screen. Start by enabling the Assistive Touch:
- First, you can select the Settings option.
- Now click on the General.
- Here you can select the Accessibility option.
- In the Interaction section, select the AssistiveTouch.
- On the AssistiveTouch screen, move the slider to on and then a new icon will have appeared on your screen. That’s your new software-based Home button.
With this new Home button enabled, follow these steps to turn off your iPhone:
- Now you can tap the software Home button
- Here you have to select the Device option.
- Now select and hold the Lock Screen until the Power Off slider appears
- Now you can move the slider from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
In this article, we can explain the two best methods for how to fix iphone didn’t turn off. So, If you have such problems in your iPhone then no need to worry about it. Just try the methods which in this article. If you have any queries, Kindly do let us know via the comments.