The Personal Hotspot feature which is present in the iPhone’s will transforms your phone into a mini Wi-Fi hotspot which can share its Internet connection with the other nearby devices. In general, using Personal Hotspot is very simple by going to the Settings app and turning the feature on. But some users have found that their Personal Hotspot has disappeared after upgrading the OS on their devices.
Now Let us see the steps for how to fix missing personal hotspot on iPhone.
How to fix
Step 1: Restart your iPhone
This is the first step in every troubleshooting situation. A restart will clear the simple problems and gets you back on track. To restart your iPhone, do hold down the home and sleep/wake buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Step 2: Try Cellular Settings
On your iPhone, sometimes the Personal Hotspot menu will be disappeared from the main screen in the Settings app and still it is present in another place. Follow the steps to get it back.
- First, You can open the Settings option.
- Now select the Cellular.
- Here you have to select Personal Hotspot.
- Now you just move the Personal Hotspot slider to on.
5.Go back to the main Settings screen and you can see the Personal Hotspot listed under the Cellular and above Notifications. If so, the problem is solved.
Step 3: Reset Network Settings
In your iPhone, The Personal Hotspot may have disappeared due to a problem with the settings which control your phone’s access to the cellular and Wi-Fi networks. They may be accidentally changed while upgrading the OS. Reset those settings and start freshly.
- Initially, Go to the Settings menu.
- Now you can select the General.
- Here you have to scroll down and select the Reset option.
- Now select the Reset Network Settings.
- In the popup warning, You have to select the Reset Network Settings.
Now your iPhone will be restarted. When it’s done booting up, then you can check the main Settings screen for the Personal Hotspot option. If it’s not present there, you just continue on to the next step.
Step 4: Check Phone Name
Each and Every iPhone must have a name. Usually, it is along the line of “Sam’s iPhone” or “Sam Costello’s iPhone” (if you’re me, that is). That name doesn’t get used for much, but believe it or not, sometimes it may affect Personal Hotspot becomes invisible. If you’ve changed the name of your phone or have unlocked your phone then do the following steps.
- Select Settings option.
- Then choose General.
- Now you can select About.
- Just look at the Name menu. If the name is different than what you are expecting, select the Name.
- On the Name screen, select the x to delete the current name and type in the old one.
Here in this article, we can provide the best steps for how to fix the missing personal hotspot on iPhone. You just try the steps and if you have any doubts regarding this article, Kindly do let us know via the comments.